The Calderdale Assembly has met twice and views are now being sought on its future roles.
At the first Assembly attendees were asked about the potential roles and the results are displayed below.
Comments are now being sought on what roles you think the Assembly should perform in the future. Please do this by posting a comment in the box at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to be involved in reviewing the feedback and developing the terms of reference please contact the Partnership Support Team.
Potential role (number of responses)
- To discuss and debate challenges and opportunities facing the District (39)
- To agree, shape and review the District's priorities (35)
- Provide an opportunity for new issues to be identified and discussed and provide a platform for these to be taken forward when and where necessary (32)
- To provide a communication channel across the partnership (30)
- To understand and guide how decisions taken across the partnership arrangements impact on different communities (29)
- To inform, influence and challenge the work of the statutory and standing partnerships (29)
- To provide a forum for generating new approaches and problem solving (29)
- To review, progress and challenge performance (24)
- To celebrate achievements (24)
"It is essential that all our activities put the economic wellbeing of Calderdale at the heart of decision making, as without economic prosperity achieving social wellbeing will be very difficult".
"Useful to know about progress made and any areas of where there are particular challenges".
"Future role could be substantial but need a more innovative approach to identifying needs and priorities".
"Needs more private sector representation".
"Really concerned that the environment does seem to have been sidelined and the cross-cutting importance is not recognised".